Schedule Your Free Consultation!


    Marital Settlement Agreement

    Consent Decree / Marital Settlement Agreement

    agreementA Marital Settlement Agreement can be filed with the Arizona court if spouses agree to a settlement prior to the case going to trial.  Also called a Consent Decree, this agreement serves as a contract between both parties concerning all issues.  An Arizona Court will commonly accept the terms per the agreement, if there are no evident or obvious issues.

    Usually a Consent Degree is entered into when one spouse does not want to fight a divorce.  Often a Marital Settlement Agreement is used to settle common divorce issues such as child support, division of property, alimony, or child custody.  It is so important to discuss any concerns you may have regarding a settlement agreement with an attorney who specializes in Arizona divorce law and family law.  You need to seek advise to make sure that your rights are being defended, not taken advantage of in a Consent Decree.

    When constructing and developing an Arizona marital settlement agreement, there is so much that needs to be considered.  The best thing you can do for your case is to speak to our attorneys.

    Our firm has successfully helped clients protect their rights, resolve any disagreements or contentions that may happen, and fight for the best possible outcome.

    We are dedicated to fight for you in court, if a marital settlement agreement doesn’t work, and the divorce case goes to “trial.”  We will fight on your behalf so you don’t have to give up what you want from your divorce.